Things Not Seen
The Gain of Faith
Are you showing the gain of faith in your life?
Gain #1 – GOD using you (v1-15)
Gain #2 – GOD being glorified in you (v16-32)
Gain #3 – GOD giving you wisdom (v33-36)
Gain #4 – GOD showing you his favour (v37-49, 53-57)
Gain #5 – GOD healing you (v50-52)
Small Group Questions
1. Am I strong in the ways of Jesus Christ? Do I trust that living a faith-filled life will result in God using me to do great things for his glory? What gains of faith do I have in my life? Provide specific examples.
2. It is not just that God can use me, but that God would be glorified through me. It’s not my abilities but God’s (cf. v.16). My hope cannot be in myself; it must be in God (cf. Col. 1:27). Can I see God working in me and through me? What evidence is there that God’s glory is manifested? What role do I have in that?
3. If I live by faith God will give me wisdom. God’s wisdom starts with worshiping God and being attentive to the things of God. In which areas of my life do I need to gain the wisdom of God (relationships, service, spiritual disciplines, etc.)?
4. In the hard times I may find it difficult to continue to trust God. What about the good times? Do I treat God with contempt during the seasons of blessing, believing I am self-sufficient? How can I remain faithful to God during the times of blessings? How can I continue to rest in Christ for all things?
5. If I’m living a life of perpetual sadness, bitterness, or anger over some past hurt, then I am not living by faith but by sight. Do I still cling to my past (hurts, pains, relational upsets)? Consider 2 Corinthians 5:17. What concrete steps can I take to overcome the hurts of my former life?
· Have I forgotten about God for a season because he has been too good to me? What specific steps can I take during the season of blessing to grow a deeper faith?
· Pray that God would use the Good Friday and Easter services to be a blessing to those who do not personally know Jesus Christ.