I love day camp - it's in my blood. I just couldn't stay away so yesterday I ventured out to TCS to pop my head in and see how things were going. I can't say I was surprised but the place was buzzing with excitement!! Parents chatting in the lobby, leaders loving on campers, campers making friends and worshiping Jesus - WOW - what a blessing to spend just 10 minutes in the building!! Let's be praying for the leaders, campers and their families - that lives would be impacted for Christ this week and that families would be saved!
I wanted you to be able to enjoy some pictures and this peek into what's been happening at camp so far this week - but first, from Pastor Mike, here are the nine things from 1 John that are proof of a person's salvation.
Nine things that prove a person’s saved from 1 John:
1. Communion with Christ 1 John 1:1-4
2. Confession of Sin 1:5-2:2
3. Commitment to God’s Word 1 John 2:3-6
4. Compassion for believers 1 John 2:7-11, 3:14-18, 4:7-21
5. Change of affections 1 John 2:12-17
6. Comprehension of the truth 1 John 2:18-27, 4:1-6
7. Conformity to Christ-likeness 1 John 2:28-3:10
8. Conflict with the world 1 John 3:11-13
9. Confidence in prayer 1 John 3:19-24, 5:14-15
Day Camp 2012: