· Pray for discernment -- seek the gift of seeing the community through God's eyes, and to discern what God is already doing among the people; ask God to reveal what you need to know to inform your prayers for the people, events, and places in the community. Be bold to pray out what God puts on your heart.
· Pray for blessing -- over every person, home and business you encounter; for God's intervention in each life, so that each one can be fruitful in God's kingdom; for God's will to be done in this community "as it is in heaven" (Matt. 6:10)
· Pray with empathy -- see and feel what residents live with every day; offer intercession for those things that express brokenness and grieve God's spirit, and give thanks to God for the blessings and gifts that exist in the community.
· Pray from Scripture – pray from God’s Word, prayers based directly on God's Word can be especially powerful. You may want to bring a Bible with key passages highlighted, or copy verses onto note cards.
· Pray in God's power -- allow times of silence for God's spirit to speak to you, or for you (Romans 8:26). Ask with confidence in the power of Jesus' name (John 14:12-14).
· Pray for the Lord to send labourers into the harvest.
· Pray for God’s greater glory to be revealed in our city.
· Pray for leaders: Pray for people responsible in any position of authority - for politicians, teachers, police, administrators and parents.
· Pray for peace: Cry out for the godliness and holiness of God’s people to increase to substantial peace. Pray for new churches to be established.
· Pray for illumination of truth: Celebrate the faithful revelation of his truth to all peoples through ordinary people. Pray that the eyes of minds would cease to be blinded by Satan so that they could come to knowledge of the truth.
· Pray for salvation: Praise God for his heart’s desire that all people be saved. Name specific people to be saved. Pray for club and bar owners to come to Jesus Christ and for God to tear down the immorality and raise up godliness in Barrie.
· Pray for the homeless and needy: You will see evidences of homelessness and brokenness as you walk. People caught in addiction, mental illness, abuse and other bondages need Jesus to set them free. Pray for agencies, such as the Barrie Food Bank, the Salvation Army, The Busby Centre, and the Out of the Cold Program and various youth centers.
· Pray for the church: Ask for healing in relationships, that there be no wrath or dissension among God’s people. Ask that God would make his people, men and women alike, bold in faith, expressive in worship and passionate for holiness.
· Pray for our schools: Pray that Christian teachers and students would stand boldly for Jesus Christ and that salvation would come to our schools. Pray for the downtown schools such as Barrie North Collegiate, Central and Prince of Wales
· Pray for businesses: Pray that Barrie’s businesses would be successful and that our Christian business leaders would shine for Christ, stand for righteousness and integrity and be a model to the business world in our city.
· For sin to be exposed and cleaned up: Pray that God will illuminate himself in the face of drugs, alcoholism and prostitution, bringing redemption to people caught in these sins (bars, clubs, strip clubs, etc)