The People We Proved To Be
I Am Ready for the Lord's Return
1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
Four questions to determine if I am really ready for Christ's return:
Q1: Am I in the know? (vs. 1)
Q2: Am I eager or in denial? (vs. 2-4)
Q3: Am I changed? (vs. 5-8)
Q4: Am I working? (vs. 9-11)
Small Group Curriculum
1. The Big Day: What is the next big thing you are looking forward to (in earthly terms!)?
2. List three or four basic things we should know and apply as believers.
3. The Big Day: Read 2 Peter 3:11-12. How does being “eager for the Lord’s return” show in our daily lives? (vs. 2-6)
4. Contrast actions that are oriented toward “The Day of the Lord” with those oriented to “Peace and Security.”
5. Share some specific areas we need to be “aware and awake” about concerning our culture. (vs. 4-7)
6. The Big Day: Do I have a sense of urgency? How does this connect to the mundane tasks of life? How does it change my priorities? (vs 9)
1. Spend some time praying for the members of the family your SG is helping with Christmas Hope. (vs 11)
2. Read verse 8. What are some specific ways I have grown in faith, hope or love in my walk?