Pastor Cristian Barbosu
Lessons from the life of Joseph of Arimathea
- Cristian Barbosu
- April 29, 2012
Joseph of Arimathea was:
- member of the council (vs 50)
- good and righteous (vs 50)
- just, non-compromising (vs 51)
- a man of faith (vs 51)
Why do people fear or are ashamed of Christ:
Remember if you want to break the cycle of fear and shame:
- true faith demands courage (Mark 15:42)
- true faith demands a price (Luke 23:52)
---price of his dignity
---price of his popularity/position/prestige(Numbers 19)
---price of material things
- True faith demands a public testimony
Will you take a public stand for Jesus?
Small Group Curriculum: Luke 23:49-56
1. What did Joseph have going for him? (Luke 23:50-51, Mark 15:43)
2. What thing is preventing you from being a hero of the faith?
3. Share a time when you failed, because of fear and shame, to identify with Christ?
4. “Satan will seek every opportunity to get you to hide, lie, and deny your identity in Christ.” What does this cause? John 19:38
5. Share what identifying with Jesus openly might cost you?
6. Read Matthew 10:32, Mark 15:43. What do these passages tell us?
7. What is an area I need to take courage in this week?
1. What one thing is holding me back with fear and shame?
2. Where and before whom do I need take courage and confess Christ this week?
Pray the following Scriptures.
1. Matthew 10:32
2. Joshua 1:9