Truly Epic...Jesus Christ and the power of an indestructible life
Run Hard - Faith endures
When you have a faith that endures,
…you model your life on those who went before you (v1a)
...resolving to “run the race” as they did (v1b-2)
…getting rid of all excess weight
…purging sin from your life
…and setting your sights on the prize
…filling your thoughts with Jesus (v3a)
…because we all “grow weary and fainthearted” at times. (v3b)
1. Who are the witnesses you have in your heritage to follow?
2. In what ways are the “races set before us” as individuals alike or unique?
3. In what way can good things (weight) hinder living for Christ? (vs. 1)
4. In what ways can sin continue to entangle us? (vs. 1) What can we do about it?
5. Read Philippians 2:1-11. In what specific ways can we carefully consider Jesus’ example in comparison to our own lives?
6. What are some things that cause weariness or discouragement? Read 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. What do we need to keep our eyes on and how do we do that?
1. What specific weight or sin is holding me back that I need freedom from?
2. How can we encourage each other in Jesus this week?
Pray the following Scriptures.
1. Hebrews 12:1-3
2. Philippians 2:1-11