We are sorry that the circumstances of life have brought you to this page, and we trust that the God of peace will bring comfort during these difficult days.
Please review the following policy carefully. If you would like to proceed with booking the Harvest Bible Chapel Barrie facility for a funeral service, please contact our office by email or by calling 705.739.8613.
AVAILABILITY OF THE FACILITY
The facility is not available on the following dates:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Easter weekend (Thursday before Good Friday through Easter Sunday)
- Christmas (day before Christmas Eve through Boxing Day)
All other dates will be subject to availability, based on meeting the obligations of previously scheduled programs and events. Note that if a funeral is held in the month of December, the worship centre may be decorated for Christmas, and decorations cannot be removed.
WORSHIP CENTRE DETAILS
- Seating Capacity: 450
- Two large screens for slideshow
- Memorial tables set up as requested
- Requests for additional/special set up/tear down may incur additional cost
Harvest Bible Chapel feels it is important to provide support to grieving families during a time of loss. There is a suggested donation of $200 for use of the facility. Additional costs could be incurred for such things as custodial services, sound technician, etc. If a Harvest pastor is not available to officiate, there may be an additional cost to secure another pastor.
The following restrictions apply to use of the facility.
- No food or drinks may be taken into the worship centre (bottled water is acceptable).
- All guests, decorations, and personal items must be cleared from the building following the service.
- Harvest Bible Chapel Barrie assumes no responsibility for the security of personal articles.
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted anywhere on church property.
- Please note that for any service taking place during regular business hours, our staff will be working in the facility; but will be respectful of your guests and arrangements.
- Office supplies and equipment (including the office photocopier) are not available for use or consumption.
- Families may be granted permission to use a room for refreshments/an informal reception afterwards; however, the family must provide all food, dishes, supplies, etc. unless they hire the hospitality supervisor and pay the fees.
- If required, one or two tables can be made available for use in the worship centre and an additional one or two for the lobby.
- Chairs in the worship centre may not be moved, other than the front row, if desired.
- Having the drums moved or removed from the stage will depend upon the scheduling of Harvest ministry events and the availability of trained personnel. An additional cost will be incurred.
- Use of the church fridge, oven, or microwaves is not permitted.
- The family is responsible to see that the area is clean when decorating is complete.
- The church is not responsible for storing any decorations or floral arrangements. All decorations must be cleared and removed from the church building (hallways, worship centre, lobby, etc.) at the end of the ceremony on the day of the funeral.
- No pins, nails, glue, or tape can be used to fasten decorations or flowers to the furniture, building, or carpet.
- Use of the camera system and TV are available at an additional charge.
- No lights will be added or removed for a funeral. The standard lighting will be provided.
- Any devices provided to play music must be located in the production booth. Devices cannot be connected elsewhere in the worship centre.
- Only designated Harvest staff and assigned volunteers are permitted to use or handle the equipment.
- Use of the building is restricted to lobby areas, washrooms, and the worship centre. Availability of other rooms is restricted, and any requests for additional room usage must be approved in writing in advance and will be subject to availability and additional costs for set up, clean up, etc.