Getting Married at Harvest
Getting married is one of the most important journeys we make in life, and we are excited to help you take those first steps. To get started in this journey, please read the following guidelines that the elders of Harvest Bible Chapel have established for couples who wish to be married by a Harvest pastor. There is a questionnaire available below that must also be completed.
- Both the bride and groom must be followers of Jesus Christ and at least one must be an active member of Harvest Barrie.
- Couples must complete the seven-lesson premarital course as prescribed by the elders. A workbook will be provided and will correspond with audio messages that are available further down on this page. A coach couple will be provided to walk through the course with you.
- It is the couple’s responsibility to secure a location for the wedding ceremony subject to the approval of the pastor who is performing the marriage. If you wish to use Harvest Barrie, please download the facility use policy below and read it carefully.
- Our pastors are happy to help you celebrate your commitment before God, and they do so on their own time. If there are any expenses involved, such as out of town travel or hotel accommodation, it is anticipated that these expenses will be covered by the couple.
- Harvest Barrie does not announce banns of marriage.
- Harvest Barrie affirms the biblical standard of marriage being one man and one woman bound together in a lifelong monogamous union.
To help you through this journey, we are providing a seven-week course that focuses on your relationship by offering mentoring, dynamic teaching, and plenty of resources that will prepare you for what lies ahead. Up to this point you have lived your lives as two individuals; this course will help you begin to harmonize your two lives into one. We are looking forward to meeting you and your fiancé(e). May God strengthen and establish your upcoming marriage in him.
Lesson 1: Do I Have The Right Goal: Oneness
Lesson 2: Do I Have The Right Person: Relationships
Lesson 3: Do I Have The Right Pursuit: Spiritual Life
Lesson 4: Do I Have The Right Position: Roles
Lesson 5: Do I Have The Right Priority: Communication
Lesson 6: Do I Have The Right Possession: Finances
Lesson 7: Do I Have The Right Passion: Sexual Intimacy
Download our Wedding Ceremony Planning guide to help you make decisions for your wedding day.
If you would like your wedding to take place at Harvest Barrie, please carefully review the facility use policy. (This policy is currently being developed and will be posted when complete. If your wedding is coming up soon, we suggest you locate an alternate venue for your ceremony.) Please note that Saturday weddings may not be possible and, even if approved, everything would need to be completely cleared from the building by noon.