As partners with Acts 29 Canada and with a vision for planting churches in Ontario, Canada, the Harvest Barrie elders are pleased to announce that they will be planting a new church called “Sojourn Church” in London, ON sometime in 2023. After a thorough assessment by Harvest Barrie and in partnership with the assessment team of Acts 29 (currently in process), this church will be started by Pastor Leo Klus under the full accountability of the Harvest Barrie elder team.
Leo and his wife Kim have three adult children. Although he has ministered at various churches since 2001, most of his ministry has been in London, a city he has called home since his university days at Western. For more information about his life please check out his Facebook profile.
Leo and Kim both share a passion and love for this city and desire to plant a gospel-centred church where Jesus Christ is glorified and lives are changed in the spirit of the apostle Paul’s heart in 1 Corinthians 2:1-2: And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
Leo will be starting this church as a bi-vocational pastor meaning he will continue to work full-time in a local management position while serving as lead pastor. Leo and Kim are asking for your prayers and your financial help as they need to raise funds for the expenses necessary to start and grow a church. All financial contributions are tax deductible and will be managed by Harvest Barrie. To support them in this work or seek further information, check out the links below:
- Sign up for occasional updates
- Give a one-time donation (use the dropdown menu to select “Sojourn Church London”)
- Make a monthly donation (use the dropdown menu to select “Sojourn Church London”)
- Cheques (made out to “Harvest Bible Chapel Barrie”) can be mailed to this address: Harvest Bible Chapel at 7 George Street, Barrie, ON L4N 2G5 (Please note “Sojourn Church London” on cheque)
- Questions on how to support Sojourn? Please contact Wendy Brouwer