Made To Be Growing
It is a common phrase around Harvest: “healthy things multiply.” That can be interpreted to mean numerical growth, but that is not the primary way we look at it. Health and multiplication, or growth in a Christian’s life or in a church as a whole, are better measured by quality rather than quantity. It was said of A. W. Tozer that he “concerned himself with the depth of his ministry, and left the breadth of his ministry up to the Holy Spirit.” That says it well for us too. We want to focus on our spiritual growth—the depth of our walk with Christ—as individual believers, as couples and families, and as a church. Whatever God would do with that is his concern.
With that in mind, we will be in 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 trying to grasp what we need to do to be continually growing in Christ. We are all “Made to be Growing.”
Made for This: The 5G Christian
Made to be Growing
Pastor Todd Dugard // 2 Corinthians 5:1-10
October 29-30, 2016
I am a growing Christian if...
• I aim for more than what this world offers (v. 1)
• I embrace hardship as part of the process (v. 2-4)
• I recognize my need for the Spirit’s ongoing work (v. 5)
• I show increasing evidence of courageous faith (v. 6-7)
• I am compelled by the coming judgment (v. 8-10)