Veritas Academy can be summed up like this: A deeper dive into spiritual life, theological reflection and church participation.
The purpose of Veritas Academy (VA) is to train, equip and further develop students in the “gap year(s)” between graduating high school and pursuing post-secondary education, focused on:
- deepening their walk with Christ, encouraging greater growth in their relationship with him
- furthering their biblical and theological foundation through intentional reading, assignments, reports and ministerial oversight
- advancement of the ministry of the church by providing additional opportunities to serve and grow into ministerial roles
- encouraging participation in the church, vocationally or otherwise
- developing a proper understanding of the core tenants of faith, how to effectively articulate and defend them, and how they differ from the culture we live in.
Veritas Academy is a 36 week program that will launch at the beginning of September and run until the middle of June. There will be one day of lectures each week. Students will contact their spiritual mentor weekly to check in on assignments and report progress on competencies and the assignments and tasks they’ve been given.
If you are interested in this program, you will need to read the Veritas Academy for Applicants form. You will also need your Mature Christian Reference form to be filled out by a mature Christian who has known you for more than one year. The program will cost $600/student for the whole program.
If you are interested in this program, please apply right away!